At St.Matthew’s C E (Aided) Primary School and Nursery Centre our Governing Body duties are wide ranging, including;
• Key Governor Champions involvement in the strategic financial management planning for Pupil Premium Children and Children in Care and those with special educational needs / physical disabilities.
• Ensuring equality of opportunity for all its pupils.
• Key Strategic governors involvement in the writing of termly Raising Attainment Plans with the attached school improvement advisor and Senior Management Team.
• Establishing priorities , actions and timescales to raise standards of progress and attainment.
• Playing a pivotal role in establishing School improvement strategic planning and evaluation.
• Monitoring the progress of all groups of children, evaluating the impact of the school’s curriculum and promoting good teaching and learning.
• Acting as a ‘critical friend’. A ‘critical friend’ offers support, constructive advice, a sounding board for ideas, a second opinion on proposals and help where needed. However a ‘critical friend’ may also challenge, ask questions, seek information, improve proposals and so arrive at the best solution for the pupils, staff and whole school community.
• If a member of the Finance Committee, being involved in strategic financial planning , making decisions on the school’s budget and staffing.
• Being accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community.
• If a member of the Curriculum Committee , ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based and taking part in learning walks to evaluate provision and gain a greater awareness of standards and progress of targeted groups.
• Meeting with class teachers as Governor Champions to discuss progress and achievement, paying particular attention to Pupil Premium Children, CIC and other vulnerable.
• If a member of the Ensuring that Health and Safety and Safeguarding Committee ensuring policy and procedures are followed and embedded.
• Approval of all school policies.